- Authentic UPF 50+ long sleeve shirt from Tapam Lodge in Nicaragua
- Full color sublimation on the back, smaller charter logo on front left chest
- UPF 50+ Performance Wicking Fabric
- Zinc-based Anti-Microbial technology
- XXL and XXXL sizes are $3 more
The legend of Tapam Lodge begins with the story of a young German backpacker who stumbled upon an incredible tarpon fishery in the wilds of Nicaragua. Being a little crazy, he decided to fly fish for these giants from a float tube, and to his delight, monster tarpon after monster tarpon dragged him all over the jungle. He returned with a friend to document the find, and the pair produced a movie called “Tapam” which gained widespread recognition.
A combination of exploratory efforts, determination, and a great deal of luck led to the Tapam Lodge being established in 2015. "Tapam" means Tarpon in the local Miskito language, and since it was later determined that the area the lodge had received exclusive fishing rights to was the same as seen in the film "Tapam", the name stuck.