- Authentic UPF 50+ long sleeve shirt from Grander Marlin from Kona, Hawaii
- Full color sublimation on the back, smaller charter logo on front left chest
- UPF 50+ Performance Wicking Fabric
- Zinc-based Anti-Microbial technology
- XXL and XXXL sizes are $3 more
In the lore of big game fishing, a "Grander" marlin is the ultimate prize - referring to a marlin weighing over 1,000 lbs. Captain Chris Donato has traveled the world chasing these elusive giants, and earned the right to call his charter company Grander Marlin Sportfishing with a 1,025 blue marlin he landed in Samoa (which was the region’s first grander!). He has since relocated to Kona, Hawaii, a destination he considers the greatest in the world to land one of the four figure beasts.
Why Kona? It is the only location in the world where Grander marlin have been landed in every month of the year, although the peak season is generally the mid-summer months of July and August. The west coast of the Big Island has very deep water just a few hundred yards offshore, meaning short runs to the very calm, cobalt blue waters that produce the granders...not to mention ono (wahoo), ahi (yellowfin tuna), spearfish and mahi mahi.